As 2013 draws to a close and we prepare to celebrate the arrival of a new year, we are looking back at the key events that shaped the past year. Read on to discover our favourite brands, read about memorable events and find out who is our model of the year.
1.The new Flannels M-Commerce site – launched earlier this month, our new mobile platform enables you to easily browse our site, put together your wish-lists and purchase your favourite products whilst on the go.
2.Vogue Fashion’s Night Out
– to celebrate Vogue FNO coming to Manchester, we teamed up with local designer Matthew Williamson to put together a memorable event in our Spinningfields store.
3.Guest bloggers: Rosie Fortescue
and Ella Gregory
– The Made in Chelsea star and Coco’s Tea Party blogger both made guest appearances on our Style News blog in 2013. Keep your eyes peeled for more famous contributors in 2014.
4.Must-have menswear brand of 2013: Moncler
– Classic quilted jackets were our must-have outerwear style this year and Moncler’s iconic designs were in high demand.
5.Stone Island x Arena Homme + Event
– The legendary men’s magazine joined forces with cult outerwear brand Stone Island to celebrate their 20th anniversary in style with an event in our Spinningfields store.
6.Model of the Year: Cara Delevigne – With two UK Vogue covers and an appearance at the career-defining Victoria’s Secret runway show under her belt, Cara Delevigne had the most famous face of 2013 (further enhanced by her love of the ‘selfie’; 2013’s favourite word).
7.Exhibition of the Year: Hello my name is Paul Smith
– Currently showing in London’s The Design Museum, this highly anticipated retrospective of the iconic British designer’s life looks at his influences alongside a back-catalogue of his designs.
8.Must-have womenswear brand of 2013: Valentino – The Rockstud collection
has become the most frequently spotted design on the fashion circuit. The instantly recognisable shoes and bags have been spotted on a host of influential bloggers and style icons throughout the year.
9.News Story of the Year: the Royal Baby – The most highly anticipated birth of 2013, Prince George Alexander Louis of Cambridge was born on 22nd July.
10.Film of the Year: The Great Gatsby – Baz Luhrmann’s musical masterpiece stood out as the must-see film of the summer. Leonardo DiCaprio and Carey Mulligan dazzled as the stars of the visually striking movie.
11.The new Flannels E-commerce platform – The new Flannels web platform launched in May this year, bringing our customers more editorial content, a sleek new look and the Style News blog.